A global insurance and investment organization providing property and casualty insurance solutions to business and industry is currently looking for an Internal Auditor to join its finance team.
- Participate in all stages of work on various assignments within the annual Internal Audit plan. This will likely include: internal audits of European offices; Consumer focused compliance audits; thematic audits undertaken across all European carriers; European coverholder audits; project audits; and key control testing across all European companies.
- Audit assignments will require a variety of numerical and softer skills and will either be undertaken alone or in conjunction with other members of the internal audit function.
- Produce balanced internal audit reports to management that are factually accurate, commercially aware and recommending value adding ideas and best practice for controls improvement
- Escalate any control issues, as these arise, to the Head of Internal Audit and management.
- Work with members of the global internal audit team to achieve objectives defined in projects.
- Provide advice and support to management on risk assessments and the development of Company processes, procedures and systems in London / Europe.
- Assist with the annual internal audit planning cycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and adoption of industry best practices in terms of process execution, internal controls, ethics and compliance.
- Ensure all agreements are processed in accordance to the company’s compliance, regulatory and legal obligations
- Report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer immediately
- Manage any potential conflicts of interest to avoid disrepute to the Group’s integrity
- Advise compliance of any complaints immediately
Skills and experience
- Holds a relevant professional qualification (CIIA, ACA,
- ACCA, CII)
- Good understanding of Internal Audit methodologies and standards
- Basic understanding of P&C Insurance, Reinsurance, and Managing General Agency operations
- Judgment and decision making
- Analytical thinking and advanced numeric
- Report writing and Communication
- Team working
- Professional presentation skills
- Develop and maintain business relationships
- MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be fluent in English