Internal Audit Officer
Location : Malta
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the selected candidate will form part of a team that provides independent and objective assurance reviews, with the aim of assessing the risk areas across the Bank. The selected candidate will be responsible for improving the effectiveness of controls, processes, and practices within the Internal Audit Department.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluating and monitoring business operations, financial processes and controls, and governance practices
- Assisting in the design and development of risk-based audit programs to evaluate management controls over all operations whilst ensuring that all significant risks are adequately considered
- Conducting internal audit reviews of the Group's processes to ensure regulatory compliance and best practices by providing detailed feedback to business unit management, and making recommendations on issues raised during internal audit work
- Providing feedback and recommendations for improvement whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, including the setting of resolution deadlines for particular audit findings
- Supporting other departments in the correct implementation of recommended business processes
- Maintaining effective professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Partly or fully qualified in accounting or auditing
- A minimum of 2 years' experience within an audit or advisory environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in the banking industry will be considered an asset
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The Client is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact.