Reporting to the Chief Internal Audit Officer, the selected candidate will be responsible for leading audit reviews, across the entire business, to add value and improve operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of controls, processes and practices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring the adoption of proper risk-based audit planning procedures.
- Identifying effective and efficient control tests, including the development of new audit tools and methodologies to facilitate the identification of risks.
- Evaluating and monitoring business processes and controls and governance practices.
- Standardising audit programmes to ensure that all significant risks are adequately considered.
- Providing feedback and recommendations for improvement whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Supporting other departments to assist the correct implementation of the recommended business processes.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A qualification in Audit or Accountancy
- Knowledge of credit or lending banking products especially relating to syndicated loan market and the relevant areas of regulation, will be desirable.