We are looking for Intermediate Oracle Developers for our client, a global IT Service Provider, office based in Mauritius.
- Application and investigative support/development of ERP financial systems and sub systems.
- Provision of programming changes to high technical level of competence to correct bugs and ensure high levels of quality are maintained.
- Identification of system errors and issues, and responsible decision-making on best-fit scenarios /best solution to pursue in addressing these.
- Delivery of program designs from logical/functional specifications, to ensure high quality development, maintenance, and enhancement of financial systems and sub systems.
- Execution, implementation and onsite support of new functionality released to production environments.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using Object-oriented programming and design, Oracle forms and reports, and PL/SQL (or similar) query language
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of database and system design (logical and physical models)
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of financial systems and sub systems
- Ability to compile test plans and to test solutions to ensure quality of output
- Ability to review functional specifications and give required feedback on design and functionality according to best practice standard
- Ability to understand, interpret and produce technical system specifications
- Ability to develop and implement systems
- Ability to do conceptual system design and compile suitable design documents
- Good technical writing and presentation skills
- Logical approach and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Investigate system malfunctions across financial systems and sub systems
- Support application systems and business processes
- Annotate detailed solutions to assigned logs on the call tracking system in a clear and concise manner
- Determine severity of issue and respond to client within SLA-stipulated timeframes ensuring solutions are communicated and understood by end users
- Make required programming changes to high technical level of competence to correct system bugs, while ensuring high levels of quality are maintained
- Adhere to stipulated best-practice roll-out procedures, and ensure necessary documentation and UAT has been signed off in accordance with agreed processes before any change is released
- Provide clear and detailed input to development teams with regards to any system changes
- Provide professional support ensuring user satisfaction and clear understanding of system functionality
- Identify system errors and issues and make decisions with regard to the best solution that can be provided
- Provide onsite system training to end-users where required
- Provide system implementation /support functions as and when assigned
- Create logical, innovative solutions to complex requirements
- Provide technical estimates to project managers where required
- Review technical deliverables to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation
- Manage quality assurance, system & user acceptance testing where required
- Require minimal supervision, and demonstrate ability to take high ownership of work assigned
- Execute software configuration where required, adhering to standard protocol.
- Follow-up, update and close all issues on call-logging system after resolution, ensuring that end-user is satisfied with end result
- Provide guidance and support to junior/other intermediate developers to ensure that enhancement/project deliverables are met within required time and budget estimations.
Qualification & Experience
- BTech, IT/Computer Science degree or diploma
- Preference if OCP certification track underway/complete.
- A minimum of 4 years in systems development
- Strong development background or experience in ERP support/development, using Oracle forms and reports, and PL/SQL (or similar) query language
- Strong analytical skills using Object-oriented design and programming
- Preference will be given to developers with sound financial background, and minimum of 1 year of knowledge/experience in Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and Java.
Remuneration Market related
Training - The role requires a training period at our office in Durban South Africa. This could be for a period of upto three months.
Interested Candidates are invite to apply directly on the website.