12 days ago
An esteemed Insurance Firm is seeking for an Integrations Software Developer. Company is developing an innovative product that empowers insurance companies for the first time to optimize their portfolios on an ongoing basis. It is anticipated that it will be necessary for the successful candidate to travel for workshops or meetings with developers. This is a unique opportunity for a qualified, experienced, creative and technology passionate individual to attend to the development of a DLT based Insurance Business Network.
- Assisting the Head of IT in the procurement (from a functionality requirements and specification perspective) and delivery of the software system required for the company’s Insurance operation;
- Ensure a smooth integration of the software system into the IT ecosystem and its seamless interoperability with all other components of this ecosystem as required to enable the company’s operation;
- The design and development of the required interfaces to connect the aforementioned components making up the IT ecosystem.
- B.Sc. Degree in a IT related discipline (preferably Software Development).
- 7+ years Software Development experience, covering OOP and preferably, functional programming.
- Extensive experience with Java Virtual Machine deployment and one (or more) programming language running on this JVM (Java and possibly Clojure).
- High degree of familiarity and experience with SQL databases.
- Experience with system integrations, API design and implementation, API integration and cross-system protocols via peer-to-peer methodology and possibly Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Analytical skills to analyze user requirements in order to design and implement the software components required to enable the company’s operation.
- Good communication skills, where the candidate can absorb requirements accurately and be able to convey these to all required parties – be they end-users, business stakeholders and technical personnel.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a passion to deliver what is required – accurately and completely.