ICT Support Officer (Clerk Grade 2) within the ICT Unit
|Job Title:||ICT Support Officer (Clerk Grade 2) within the ICT Unit|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 15:10|
The Information and Communication Technologies Unit
The ICT Unit is responsible for all Information and Communication Technologies related support services to the MFSA’s Units.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants with a background in information and communication technologies to increase the current pool of resources. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a clerical grade 2 level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team within the ICT Unit.
- An Intermediate Diploma in Computer Science or a comparable recognised ICT qualification at NQF level 4 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC*)
- Minimum of six ‘O’ levels including English, Maltese and Mathematics o An ICT Certification would be considered an asset.
- Applicants intending to follow a career in the application of ICT within the financial services sector.
- Preferably having work experience in some of these areas; Information Systems Applications, MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Suite, Telephony Systems, Computer
- Hardware, Wired & Wireless Networks, Structured Cabling, Printing and Multifunction Machines.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in connection with the help-desk support of the MFSA’s Systems. The primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing, configuring, and installing ICT systems; Monitoring and maintaining ICT equipment;
- Troubleshooting of systems and hardware faults;
- Help-desk support and resolve issues;
- User training and guidance;
- Preparing relevant documentation and reports.
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary o A high degree of self confidence
- Basic negotiation skills
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's