Human Resources and Administration Officer
|Job Title:||Human Resources and Administration Officer|
|Job Published:||September 23, 2019 15:22|
Human Resources and Administration Officer
The Human Resources and Administration Officer is responsible for the general administrative duties of the Malta Development Bank (MDB) and to coordinate the overall operations function of the MDB to ensure that the Bank is operating efficiently and effectively from an administrative aspect.
The prospective candidate should provide support and assistance with regard to employee relations while keeping abreast with the latest relevant regulations in employment relations and other relevant policy developments within the Operations Unit of the Bank.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
The Human Resources and Administration Officer is responsible for:
- Supporting the Chief Operations Officer in updating and maintaining strategic Human Resources duties;
- Assisting in the procurement process in accordance with the Bank’s internal rules and regulations within national and European legislative frameworks; and
- Maintaining multi-task schedules and managing administrative support.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of HR strategies including talent acquisition and employment processing, training and learning development, records management, employee relations and processing monthly payroll.
- Identifying human resources issues and recommending changes where desirable, while keeping updated existing policies as appropriate in line with the Bank’s human resources objectives.
- Assisting in employee development and upgrading of employees’ skills through continuous professional development programmes to ensure high level of services to meet the Bank’s specific requests.
- Managing and processing the payroll of MDB’s employees in accordance with the internal policies and procedures.
- Organising and planning performance management procedures and regular human resource appraisal processes.
- Communicating with employees at all levels to facilitate the implementation of HR programmes while ensuring employee participation and involvement initiatives.
- Supporting and guiding employees by communicating and enforcing organisational procedures while determining internal customer service strategies.
- Establishing good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with local and international training institutions, external consultants and recruitment agencies for strategic HR programmes.
- Planning and organising external events and initiatives to promote staff well-being measures and corporate social responsibility.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities while maintaining personal networks.
- Assisting in the procurement process in accordance with the Bank’s internal rules and regulations within national and European legislative frameworks.
- Keeping abreast with developments in the field of procurement and HR practices and developments and contributing to the preparation of the relative policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures within the areas of operations responsibility are adhered to and constantly kept up to date.
- Working with any external consultants or parties in relation to procurement and other administrative duties.
- Maintaining the office supplies and assuming responsibility for the maintenance of the office equipment.
- Performing any other administrative duties which may be assigned to ensure smooth running of the Operations Unit.
Candidate Profile and Experience Required
- Candidates for this role must possess relevant professional qualifications in HR, Business Management or Accounting & Finance preferably with at least three years overall experience preferably in people management.
- Candidates who do not have a degree (at MQF Level 6) in HR, Business Management or Communications, but who have over seven years work experience in the area of people management and have proven ability to perform the tasks outlined in the job description will also be considered and shortlisted for the selection process.
- Experience in the financial services sector is considered an asset.
- Be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision and to strict deadlines and budgets.
- A disposition to take initiative, maintain confidentiality and support work within the area of responsibilities beyond the call of duty to ensure the smooth running of the function.
- Assertive with strong ethical values and sound leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration, verbal and writing communication skills with very good
- drafting abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise, coordinate and organise the work.
- A conscientious attitude, self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
- A level of accuracy under pressure and must be able to respond adequately to demands from internal and external contacts.
- Sound knowledge of HR and procurement regulations with high standard of work throughout.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and payroll system.
The MDB shall process information provided by candidates solely for the purpose of this vacancy. In the event of unsuccessful applications, the Bank may keep applicants’ personal data on file for a period up to six months following the date that the post applied for was filled. Applicants’ information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the MDB for which applicants may be suited. Applicants are free to withdraw their application and their consent to the retention of their personal data, at any time. For further information, please read the MDB’s privacy notice which can be found on our website (https://mdb.org.mt/en/home/Pages/Privacy-Notice.aspx)