A well established group of companies is seeking for the right candidate to fill in the position of HR & Payroll Manager.
The HR & Payroll Manager will be responsible for management, preparation and payments of the Group's payroll. The successful candidate will hold the Head Office HR function and engage in planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, update and recommendation of policies and procedures in the field of HR and payroll as well as the management and update of the employee handbook.
- Design of the necessary systems and processes; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Definition of payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of income, social security and fringe benefits taxes.
- Management of salary payments to employees by directing the production and issuance of cheques or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Overseeing and updating the employee benefits program; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims.
- Maintenance of the organisational structure by updating job requirements, job descriptions, and reporting lines for all positions.
- Management of the full recruitment cycle
- Planning and engagement in employee on boarding process; assist management in training and developing employees by establishing and organising the necessary training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by designing, scheduling, and coordinating periodic performance appraisals for all staff; reviewing performance appraisals to ensure equity and fairness across the organisation.
- Oversees succession planning of staff; recommending initiatives including staff movements to improve talent retention; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors; conducting and analysing exit interviews.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Maltese and EU legislative and regulatory requirements, consulting legal counsel where necessary; representing the organisation at personnel-related hearings.
- Maintains and enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Proven experience in a similar position
- University degree ( and/or relevant professional qualification - CIPD ) in a relevant field would be considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of payroll software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding of Maltese Employment Regulation
- Maltese language would be considered an asset
Find more Jobs in Malta