Head of Tax Unit
|Job Title:||Head of Tax Unit|
|Salary:||€45,000 - €60,000|
|Contact Name:||Justina Zammit|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2018 13:40|
A brand is seeking to employ a Head of Tax to join its team and work on ongoing exciting projects within the company. The chosen candidate will handle the management of Tax Transparency, FATCA and CRS and also ensure the company follows international regulatory commitments and the Group policies in relation to tax and tax risk.
- To identify, monitor and mitigate tax evasion risk through the different business lines.
- Local Financial Crime Compliance team to review individual cases of potential tax evasion and develop internal procedures to monitor and mitigate tax evasion risk.
- Contribute to the Maltese tax agenda and provide international context.
- Relationships with tax authorities and local tax community
- Be the key point of contact for the tax authorities; address queries that arise from time to time and coordinate potential visits / investigations.
- Participate in taxation related local committees / working groups.
- Work with the Risk Management team to identify, mitigate and monitor tax risk in accordance with group policy.
- Work with the existing Tax Compliance team, provide support and ensure Group tax policies are implemented appropriately.
- Provide tax advice internally to businesses in respect to new products, processes, intercompany transactions and related assessment of tax implications
Key skills & experience:
- An ability to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- An ability to design and implement business processes to support and embed group policy on tax issues.
- Experience of the financial services industry, ideally with exposure to the broad local context.
- Experience of tax management across all taxes including a good appreciation of international tax issues.
- A relevant professional tax qualification & relevant experience within a Tax Authority.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's