€50,000 - €65,000
20 days ago
A large Gaming company is looking for a Head of SW Development. The department is responsible for delivering all software products within part of the group.
The selected candidate will report to the CTO and be responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software solutions, while participating in defining the strategy for the software platform.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring
- To perform line management duties, including: recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management
- Liaise with Architecture to align with the technology strategy
- Liaise with QA for product releases
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- To make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally.
- Actively drives the development life-cycle and coordinate release and sprint planning.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages.
- In charge of department expenses and budget planning.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a similar role.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience working in an Agile environment.
- A record of successful delivery of software solutions as an individual.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experience with scrum methodology and agile practices.
- Experience of leading a team of developers.
- Strong people and management skills
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
- Must have a commitment to quality and the ability to translate complex requirements into functional solutions using best practices.
- Experience in Agile methods including SCRUM and TDD.
- Experience in application architecture, making pragmatic buy vs. build and interface decisions.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- Passionate about Software with a general thirst for knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of a dynamic work environment.
- Technical knowledge of web technologies and services.
- Understanding of relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server and ORM technologies.
- Deep understanding of GIT Flow.
Experience with IIS, Redis, RabbitMQ, TeamCity is helpful