Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
|Job Title:||Head of Securities and Markets Supervision|
|Contact Name:||Nikki Farrugia|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019 08:30|
Our client is seeking to employ a Head of Securities and Market Supervision responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositories, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators.
- Lead the department and ensure that supervision is conducted in a thorough, timely and efficient manner;
- Manage the department team ensuring the appropriate distribution of work tasks and the achievement of the set KPIs for the individuals and for the team;
- Coordinate and liaise with the respective regulatory and management departments as well as internal stakeholders
- Lead, guide, mentor and support managerial staff, analysts and support staff within the department;
- Assist staff with developing their supervisory analytical skills and ability to deal with issues relating to the affairs of the department;
- Participate in recruitment, staff training, and performance appraisal processes;
- Prepare budgets for the department;
- Maintain policies and procedures relating to the department;
- Represent the department and the Authority and participate in local and international fora on any issues relating to the SMSU;
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the Director General and as dependent on the exigencies of the Authority.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong academic background in Financial Services, Accountancy, Law, or in another related finance background.
- Qualifications in a relevant field of study at Level 6 or at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 8 years working in a similar senior role or
- In depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, with a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
Find more Jobs in Malta
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's