Our client is seeking to employ a Head of Securities and Market Supervision responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositories, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators.
- Lead the department and ensure that supervision is conducted in a thorough, timely and efficient manner;
- Manage the department team ensuring the appropriate distribution of work tasks and the achievement of the set KPIs for the individuals and for the team;
- Coordinate and liaise with the respective regulatory and management departments as well as internal stakeholders
- Lead, guide, mentor and support managerial staff, analysts and support staff within the department;
- Assist staff with developing their supervisory analytical skills and ability to deal with issues relating to the affairs of the department;
- Participate in recruitment, staff training, and performance appraisal processes;
- Prepare budgets for the department;
- Maintain policies and procedures relating to the department;
- Represent the department and the Authority and participate in local and international fora on any issues relating to the SMSU;
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the Director General and as dependent on the exigencies of the Authority.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong academic background in Financial Services, Accountancy, Law, or in another related finance background.
- Qualifications in a relevant field of study at Level 6 or at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 8 years working in a similar senior role or
- In depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, with a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks.
Find more Jobs in Malta