Head of Regulatory Legal Affairs & MLRO
|Job Title:||Head of Regulatory Legal Affairs & MLRO|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2018 12:34|
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Counsel & MLRO who will work alongside the our legal team to ensure Credorax has a strong regulatory framework from both the Banking and Acquiring side of the business.
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- Maintaining proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large
- Advising the board and other senior corporate officers on a variety of issues
- Participating in the formulation of general management policy as a member of the executive management team
- Developing the legal and contractual framework for the banking business
- Take a lead role in supporting the Credorax strategy in global licensing
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the organization’s current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level
- Advise, educate and counsel organization how to address new emerging challenging segments from a regulatory perspective
- Draft and publish Policies and Procedures on regulatory legal issues affecting the business
- Directly supervises and coordinates all relationships with outside counsel retained by the institution
- Responsible for all compliance policies and manuals including Anti-Money Laundering regulations, FSA & FIAU regulations and issues, and notification to company of any regulatory changes
- Holding the post of MLRO of the company
- Reporting to the Audit Committee and responsible for preparing monthly reports
- Performing other assignments as the Managing Directors and the Board of Directors may direct.
- Participating in professional associations; attends industry-related conventions, conferences, reading pertinent publications.
- Together with the regional managing director/country manager ensures that all group company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Responsible for liaising with external regulators on compliance related matters and ensuring all compliance reports are submitted promptly and accurately to them
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the FIAU or any other law enforcement bodies
- Responsible for establishing the basis on which a risk-based approach to the prevention of money laundering/terrorist financing is put into practice and review the approach on a regular basis
- Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and operate within the required standards
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate arrangements are in place for the awareness and training of employees. In particular training must be offered, of a high standard and the scope must be appropriate.
- A Law Degree from an accredited institution required; honors, high academic standing preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering regulations, FCA & FIAU regulations
- Proven industry experience in the Banking sector
- 7+ years in a senior legal and managerial role; international management experience a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of European payment services legislation, card scheme regulations, data protection and other relevant regulation
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with CRO, CFO, VPs of Sales, the Risk and Compliance teams
- Fluent in English, additional knowledge in other European languages a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel
- Excellent communication, negotiation skills & management skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vacancy for Analyst Grade 2 (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism - Legal) within the Enforcement Unit
Finance Officer (Trust)
€18,000 - €22,000
Assistant Manager- Corporate Services
€20,000 to €35,000