A local firm looking to be regulated under the new Virtual Financial Assets Act as a Service Provider is looking for a Head of Legal. Reporting to the Board, this person will be responsible for the company's strategic implementation of the overall legal structure and framework.
Responsibilities will be:
- Focusing on the legal aspect of strategy implementation
- Overseeing the internal and external legal framework function
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on legal matters such as international data protection, privacy laws, marketing and advertising laws
- Managing legal risk within the business by taking responsibility for providing legal advice to the business’s senior leadership on all legal matters affecting their individual departmental transactions.
- Assisting external legal partners where necessary identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting legal risk
- Collaborating with the MLRO in continuously reviewing and evaluating the overall regulatory risk
The ideal candidate will have
- A Masters of Law Degree by a reputable University
- 5 years + legal experience, with at least 3 years in a managing position
- Be eligible for MFSA approval
- Good knowledge of current laws, regulations, and common practices in the fields of VFA, Payment Services, Financial Services, Contract, EU Privacy and Data Protection Laws
For more information please contact Nikki Farrugia on email@example.com