The Head of IT is responsible for the planning and execution of the company’s information technology strategy and development roadmap, which will include aspects relating to the company’s information systems, networks, hardware, and security strategies.
You will be expected to advise the business on innovations using technology which can help the company achieve its’ goals.
- Determine the goals of the IT department within broad outlines provided by executive management and contribute to their achievement by providing the necessary technical and people leadership.
- Actively research, develop and implement technological solutions aimed at enhancing both customer experience and internal operations.
- Oversee, manage and execute the development requirements and technological plans of the business.
- Handle the sourcing, management of contractors, external suppliers and their subsequent evaluation in project delivery.
- Lead a team of IT professionals to support daily operations.
- Improve and enforce the organisation’s IT policies and procedures.
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Determine equipment and resources needed for projects and programs as require including budgeting for CAPEX / OPEX.
- Prepare long and short-term plans for applications selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them.
- Assure that overall IT infrastructure supports business continuity, growth and overall corporate objectives.
- Participate in general management functions, the recruitment and training of team members, and the handling of the company’s performance management process for the IT team.
- Identify the departmental KPIs and ensure that team members contribute effectively towards their achievement.
- A tertiary level qualification in an area related to information technology.
- Experience running process re-engineering projects.
- Business acumen with a sound understanding of ICT can add more value to the company.
- Proven track record in a business-related field.
- Strong knowledge of various business applications aimed at enhancing productivity and efficiency.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Prior experience in handling IT change management will be considered an asset.