about 2 months ago
A Financial Services Company is seeking a Head of Human Resources. The selected candidate will develop and implement human resources strategy and policies, support
staff recruitment and reward management, promote a high performance culture within the Company, and foster staff development. The role will involve frequent communication and reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Define and implement the Company's overall HR strategy;
- Drive the Company to proactively anticipate, plan and meet staffing needs as they arise;
- Advocating and building awareness within the Company of the strategic importance of HR management;
- Support the COO, the Executive Committee and the Board of Governors by providing HR advice, flagging important issues proactively to the decision-making bodies and providing relevant input for their decisions;
- Design strategies to recruit, nurture and retain talent;
- Manage the performance management system to contribute towards building a high performing organisation;
- Ensure a well-designed and clearly articulated succession plan;
- Design and implement the human resources development plan in close liaison with Heads of all functions and line managers to ensure a trained and committed workforce;
- Oversee the Company's reward management system and employee benefits programme;
- Oversee the Training Strategy to ensure adequate return on investment and value in training initiatives undertaken;
- To handle responsibilities for budgeting in relation to this function.
- A solid background in HR at a senior management level
- Significant experience of managing teams and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Academic qualification in a relevant field at a minimum of degree level
- You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in a similar senior role An in depth understanding of employee/industrial relations legislation, procedures and practices.