Head of FinTech and Innovation
|Job Title:||Head of FinTech and Innovation|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2019 14:04|
About FinTech and Innovation
The Fintech and Innovation function, set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate, is tasked with the promotion of fintech and innovation within the domestic financial services sector.The Function is responsible for the setting up and maintenance of the MFSA’s innovation hub and regulatory sandbox. It is also tasked with the authorisation and supervision of licence holders under the Virtual Financial Assets Act and provides support to other Units within the Authority with respect to the various applications of fintech in the ‘traditional’ financial services sector.
The appointed Head of FinTech and Innovation will be responsible for the following duties:
- Continue developing the FinTech and Innovation function;
- Lead and coordinate the setting up of a regulatory sandbox and innovation hub for the MFSA, including the establishment of the necessary regulatory framework, and its subsequent operation and maintenance;
- Manage the authorisation of entities carrying out licensable activities under the Virtual Financial Assets Act, and their subsequent supervision of such firms; • Keep the Authority abreast of available RegTech and SupTech solutions;
- Liaise with other national competent authorities, including the Malta Information Technology Agency and the Malta Digital Innovation Authority, as well as with the various Directorates and Functions of the Authority with respect to matters relating to FinTech;
- Develop good relations with the financial services industry and institutions, and where necessary create forums for the exchange of views and consultation in relation to achievement of best practice; • Participate in relevant local, EU and international committees in relation to FinTech and innovation, including the relevant Committees of the European Supervisory Authorities;
- Manage the Function’s teams ensuring the appropriate distribution of work tasks and the achievement of the set KPIs for the individuals and for the team;
- Lead, guide, mentor and support managerial staff, analysts and support staff within the Function;
- Assist staff with developing their supervisory analytical skills and ability to deal with issues relating to the affairs of the Function;
- Participate in recruitment, staff training, and performance appraisal processes;
- Prepare budgets for the Function;
- Maintain policies and procedures relating to the Function;
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the Chief Officer - Strategy, Policy and Innovation depending on the Authority’s exigencies.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic qualifications in financial services, accountancy, law, or related academia.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You will also possess a minimum of 8 years working in a senior role. Solid work experience relevant to the role will be considered an asset. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least 14 years of relevant work experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements applicable to the financial sector, with a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to lead and manage direct reports.
Soft Skills Required:
- thinks strategically;
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- good leadership and managerial skills;
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative;
- a high degree of self-confidence;
- high level of negotiation skills;
- assertive and authoritative qualities.
Experience working with a regulatory Authority will be considered an asset.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Deputy Head of Cybersecurity and ICT Risk
Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
Head of Securities and Markets Supervision
Deputy Head (Cybersecurity & ICT Risk) within Cybersecurity and ICT risk
PR and Communications Specialist