23 days ago
An Independent Investment Advisor offering to build tailor made investment portfolios and offering a wide spectrum of financial assets such as Bonds, Shares, ETFs, Funds and other instruments is currently looking for a Head of Finance to join its team reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for:
- Lead and Manage the Finance Team. Ensure that the finance team are informed of their roles, responsibilities and expectations and to provide them with appropriate, timely and accurate information, training and on-going development.
- To oversee the production of the monthly management accounts and reporting.
- To oversee preparation of Financial Accounts and its trading subsidiaries, liaising with auditors as required.
- Manages and oversee the Group Liquidity/ short term position
- Assist CFO with financial modelling of new products
- Manages the ALCO (schedules meetings, prepares documentation, record minutes and follow-up on action items)
- Overall responsibility for statutory reporting and understanding of the ICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD process
- To work with the Senior Management team to manage financial elements of supplier contracts and present business performance to all internal and external stakeholders.
- To oversee completion of the quarterly VAT returns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To manage the preparation of the departmental budgets and forecasts, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To be responsible for financial due diligence procedures in respect of proposed commercial partners and provide ongoing to financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain a robust controls environment providing mitigation and minimization of risks of fraud and error in the books
- Establish, maintain and review a suitable system of recording and monitoring internal and external audit recommendations relating to the workings of the finance dept.
- Any other duties and / or projects as required.
Skills and Education
- Three to Five years progressively responsible experience in the accounting function, preferably in the Banking industry
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ICAAP, ILAAP and BRRD processes
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and modelling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.