The Enforcement team is responsible for conducting investigations of licence holders who have, or are suspected of, committing serious compliance failures, serious misconduct or any other breaches of the law.
- Ensure that cases are investigated effectively and in a timely manner, consistent with the company’s enforcement strategy.
- Ensure the delivery of the Enforcement responsibilities, by working collaboratively with the company’s regulatory functions to deliver effective risk-based regulation.
- Offer strategic direction to the Enforcement function for the most effective utilisation of the company’s enforcement resources.
- Manage budgeting (capital expenditure and operational expenditure) in relation to the Enforcement function.
- Ensure that all matters relating to Enforcement are executed in a thorough, timely and efficient manner in line with the legal framework and the company’s risk appetite.
- Develop internal procedures that are required for effective enforcement.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Enforcement Team’s engagement, selection and assessment of cases, decision making and timeliness.
- In depth regulatory knowledge and experience and/or relevant experience in law enforcement.
- Confidence to lead and conduct difficult negotiations.
- A basic understanding and experience of the legal system in Malta and the EU and strong familiarity with the legislative framework for financial services and financial services regulation in Malta and the EU.
- Candidates should have a solid academic background in Accountancy or Banking & Finance or a Degree in Law (LL.D) and/or in another finance related background.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- You should also possess a minimum of 8 prior working experience in a senior and related area.