2 months ago
Head of Development
A well-established iGaming company is seeking to employ a Head of Development to lead a team of engineers to design, develop and test the companies state-of-the-art gaming platform to be able to deliver to our customers a cutting-edge experience with unique features in our sector.
- Manage the Development department, including Backend, Frontend, QA and Application Support teams.
- Provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for multi-disciplined software focused teams.
- Perform line management duties, including recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management.
- Work collaboratively with other team leaders to draw out the big picture architectural vision of the product.
- Manage the tech debt and growing codebase so we continuously improve quality and performance.
- Conduct design and code reviews within the team to ensure that code meets our quality standards.
- Manage resolutions, and escalation paths for live production incidents.
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable tasks, develop functional specifications, then work with the development leads to deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
- Instil best practices for software development and deliver high-quality products on tight schedules.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- Experience Leading Large teams of developers.
- Experience as a project manager having managed multiple parallel projects within tight timeframes.
- Experience in establishing automated testing and CI.
- Solid understanding of development and QA processes including DevOps practices.
- Background in software development architecture, where PHP is considered as an asset.