Head of Costing - Manufacturing Industry
|Job Title:||Head of Costing - Manufacturing Industry|
|Contact Name:||Justina Zammit|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2018 12:53|
A leader in Manufacturing and Export is seeking to employ a Head of Costing to join their team of specialists.
- Manage the team: coaching and facilitating talent development. Increase functional knowledge.
- Control all COGS areas: coordinate the cost specialists to secure robust cost controlling in both cost components and resources areas.
- Coordinate standard cost annual review and constant update / fine tune.
- Prepare annual COGS budget and re-forecasts (i.e. F 6+6). Simulations on cost savings / scenarios, including logistics optimizations.
- Prepare variance analysis: constantly monitor results against such previous year, budget and standards.
- Proactively contribute to preparation of complex projects including capital projects. Follow up: ensure expected results are delivered.
- Identify areas for improvement and functionality Gaps and introduce new and improved processes and concepts.
- Make or buy analysis / scenarios.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognised Accounting qualification, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- 10 years’ of relevant experience (of which min. 3 in the leading role) in costing and P&L reporting, COGS valuation, financial consolidation and management reporting.
- Functional experience in F&C overall with sound knowledge of ERP systems (preferably AX).
- Strong understanding of general business processes, COGS, reconciliation, margin in consolidation, transfer pricing, forecast.
- Knowledge to draft Functional Specs and coordinate training and implementation
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Action orientated
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management
- Programme and Project management