Reporting to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, the successful candidate would be required to be MFSA approved and able to demonstrate strong technical compliance knowledge.
Responsibilities will be:
- Assisting in the set-up of the Compliance, AML/FC department for the bank, as the bank obtains its banking license in Malta
- Ongoing close review of all legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments or changes that might affect the company and its operations.
- Overseeing the CDD/KYC/AML/CTF policies and procedures and act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO);
- Working with the business to develop compliance procedures and controls, and provide commercially orientated compliance advice;
- Ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation;
- Development, management and execution of the compliance monitoring programme;
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years' experience in senior management roles with a focus on Malta / European corporate, consumer and private banking or at least 7 years experience in a Risk or
- Risk-related function,Exposure to international markets such as the UK and Germany will also be particularly interesting for this position
- Previously held the position of MLRO for a financial services entity (preferably a bank) and is well versed with the internal and external obligations and reporting requirements pertaining to the MLRO function,
For more information on the above, please contact Nikki on firstname.lastname@example.org