about 1 month ago
A very well known retailer and distributor of very well known brands is currently looking to develop a Financial Planning & Analysis function to be responsible for financial plans and strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Group CFO the group financial planning and Analyst will be responsible for
- Provide support, insights and proactive advice to CFO, CEO, Executive leadership team and Board and its Committees.
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organisation and partner with the leadership team to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, key performance indicator reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget/forecast variances and executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s long range (3 year) planning, its annual budget and quarterly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Monitor the company’s long-range strategic planning models.
- Provide financial modelling, financial analysis and valuation support for ad-hoc financial projects.
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings.
- Actively own key finance and business process and implementing and modifying as required the company-wide budgeting tools. Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Develop and enhance competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data trends.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Have 10 years’ experience as a Finance professional with a proven track record of driving business growth and competitive differentiation through Financial insight, planning and transformation.
- Have experience of working in the retail and distribution sector. Experience of living and working overseas, particularly in Africa would be advantageous.
- Be a strategic leader with the ability to build, motivate, inspire and hold to account the team to achieve challenging goals and targets. Ability to build Finance capability and develop people is key.
- Be educated to a minimum degree level and possess first class oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills; Financial accounting qualification would also be advantageous.
- Have demonstrated collaboration and a record of accomplishment of successful reporting and engagement with senior leaders, the CFO, CEO, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee.
- Possess a high degree of work ethic, commercial acumen and professional transparency.
- Be highly organised, analytical, results-oriented, resilient, decisive, dedicated, agile and audacious.