|Job Title:||General Manager|
|Contact Name:||Nikki Farrugia|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2017 11:26|
A leading Maltese company within the FMCG sector is seeking to engage a General Manager for its business. Reporting directly to the COO the jobholder will drive the following areas of responsibility:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and execute initiatives to ensure revenue growth and cost reduction.
- Lead all business planning and budgeting initiatives.,
- Ensure engagement with all stakeholders (amongst which key employees suppliers, principals governmental entities) to ensure the achievement of objectives.
- Inspire departmental heads and extend appropriate coaching so as to ensure KPIs are being met and corrective actions taken with the overarching aim of achieving the organisation’s goals & objectives.
- Strengthen reporting structures and management information systems to ensure real time reporting across all business functions.
- Implement all necessary business continuity initiatives.
- Maintain enthusiastic attitude to build a positive “can do” approach.
- Plan and carry out the appropriate measures to ensure achievement and maximization of business targets, revenue and profits.
- Adopt an ears to the ground approach on potential business development opportunities.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with important clients.
- Contribute to the creation of a healthy organisational climate and culture.
- Ensure all HR focused actions are leading to the desired outcomes.
- Maintain constant focus on recruitment, retention, performance and engagement.
- Keep a clear focus on top line financial indicators to ensure achievement of targets and prompt corrective action is taken.
- Have a crisp understanding of the main business drivers to ensure achievement of financial performance.
- Ensure a world class client/customer experience at all touch points.
- Act as the organisation’s spokesperson and ambassador.
- Keep oversight on matters related to EHS, standards (like but limited to ISO), Corporate Communications & Sustainability.
Qualifications & Competencies
- A first degree
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things that need actioning, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes more opportunities than others.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time, sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Develop Direct Reports - Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions, is aware of each direct report's career goals, constructs compelling development plans and executes them, pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves, will take direct reports who need work, is a people builder.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity comfortably, described as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Negotiation & Influence - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situation with both internal and external groups, can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships,
- Can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic, gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations, has a good sense of timing.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Relentless resolve in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- A proven track record of achievement at C level
- Exposure to multinational organisations
- Exposure to business development and lean methodologies
If you are interested in this position apply online or send your CV for the attention of Nikki to email@example.com