4 months ago
Do you want to bring your knowledge and support to the Mauritian team? If you are ready for a new challenge, Castille Labs is looking for a Functional Analyst to join their team in Ebene, Mauritius.
- To determine, document and analyse business and systems requirements, including interfaces between systems.To provide system use cases
- To render customer requirement into detailed technical specifications and/or project briefs
- To recommend changes and development to existing systems
- To determine and recommend the preferred approach between internal development, be-spoke solutions, COTS or SaaS solutions
- To assess options for technical and business suitability and consequently recommend the most appropriate solution, favouring configuration over customisation
- To provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- To participate in projects and initiatives aimed at improving existing systems or introducing new ones
- To implement, configure and test feasible solutions
- To co-ordinate and facilitate initiatives between internal and external stakeholders, including project managers, internal customers, internal IT professionals and vendor resources
- To determine and advise project feasibility and costings
- To present proposals to stakeholders
- To work closely with systems architects, business analysts and other IT professionals to ensure technical compatibility, feasibility and user satisfaction
- To work closely with project managers to adhere to projects timelines, budgets and quality objectives
- To oversee the implementation of new systems, including participation in testing cycles and data migration
- To provide technical and user documentation and training
- To provide the coordination of solutions delivery for multiple projects.
- To support and contribute in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Technical Log Analysis
- Documentation of Known Issues
- To support and contribute to enterprise data architecture initiatives
- To analyse data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- To research and evaluate technologies, practices and software products
- To analyse requirements, prepare test cases and execution of tests scenarios prior to User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience with Agile software development would be a huge plus. Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- To help in the testing phase by
- Providing Test case scenarios to stakeholders
- Executing the test plans
Soft Skills and Qualifications
- Good presentation skills
- Has Initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Methodical, investigative and inquisitive
- Desire to ensure accuracy and quality in work delivered
- Ability to maintain control and performance during stressful situations
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats
- Willingness to put the goal of team before personal goals and the ability to build effective, co-operative relationships with others
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Software development skills (Java Knowledge will be an advantage)
- SQL and relational database knowledge
Reporting, Administration and KPI’s:
- To support management by providing the required project and operational reporting and other methods
- To help develop KPIs, to support processes for ensuring that effective measures are in place for measuring the performance of the business analysis team in terms of set project targets and to report to senior management
- To help identify opportunities for improvement and to implement measures for improvement
- 3 years in a similar position
- Project management / Governance process
- To support the use of project management /governance process both within the team and with external stakeholders for ensuring that projects and initiatives are undertaken in a controlled and structured way for the purposes of achieving the required timelines, quality and cost.
- To contribute to the improvement of the process by making and implementing recommendations to the process.
- To contribute to administration obligations as required.
- To perform reasonable tasks or assignments that he/she is requested to do by management