Are you willing to join an award-winning team? If yes, we might have the right post for you! We have an immediate full-time position with an indefinite contract within the freight & logistics department for the post of Front Office and Customer services executive. Conducting Front office/reception job plus acting as back-office support to the logistics and administration department this post provides a challenging yet exciting and rewarding job. The job consists of working in an office environment & consist of a basic wage + commission package.
Office working hours are Monday to Friday from 07:30 till 16:30 hrs during winter and Monday to Friday from 07:30 till 16:00 hrs during the Summer period.
Previous experience in a similar role is considered an asset
Mains responsibilities are:
- Front office duties including answering the main switchboard telephone and diverting calls to respective staff
- Greeting of customers at front office/reception, handling and exchange of documents such as delivery orders, gate passes, payments and issuance of receipt of payments to customers
- Coordination with office staff to collect documents such as delivery orders and gate passes from respective carriers or suppliers
- Quoting to customers
- Placement of import or export freight bookings with suppliers or agents on behalf of the sales team.
- Follow up on bookings with suppliers, carriers or agents to ensure that shipments are on track and on time
- Provide shipment updates to the customer via email and telephone
- Generation of customs manifests notice of arrival, freight invoices, delivery orders and gate passes
- Sorting of files and prepare the necessary documents required for end customer
- Assisting the quality management personnel to vet and perform testing on internal files for quality management purposes
- Assisting the finance and accounts department in several administrative duties such as sorting files for posting
The position is on a full-time basis and on an indefinite contract and includes all usual benefits such as govt bonus, leave and sick leave entitlement. The job consists of a basic wage plus a commission package. Annual salary can vary from Euro 14,500 gross to Euro 17,500++.
A minimum of 1-year experience within the same field is required. Applicants must possess a clean driving license, clean criminal conduct and must be physically present in Malta.