The selected candidate, Front-End Software Developer, will undertake duties in relation with the development and upkeep of user interface components by utilising the latest frameworks to implement new features and improve user experience. The job involves direct interaction with members of staff to implement effective software solutions using latest technologies. The primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the entire SDLC;
- Creation and maintenance of web application user interface designs deployed within the MFSA using latest technologies;
- Contribute to improving client user experience by maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and ensuring technologies, and keep team members informed;
- Developing wireframes, and subsequently building prototypes and designs;
- Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts;
- Providing technical support/training to internal and external users in the use of websites and other information systems deployed within the MFSA;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Team Leader. Develop training material and disaster recovery documentation.
- We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Computer Science or a compatible recognised ICT qualification with background in front end software development. The role calls for a Bachelor’s Degree or a comparable recognised academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the MaltaQualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- A certification in front-end frameworks/platforms such as Angular, and/or React.js and/or Vue.js would be considered an asset.
- You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of front-end software development. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred. If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The role also calls for experience in:
- Developing reusable, high quality, responsive front-end components;
- Knowledge of the .NET stack and in Software development methodologies like Agile and Scrum for software delivery, bug tracking systems and their use would be considered an asset.