8 days ago
A financial services provider that has a wide range of services that present solid investment opportunities are currently looking to hire a full time Fixed Income Analyst to join their Strategy & Research Team. Responsible for conducting market research and fundamental analysis with the objective of formulating the investment strategy of the firm across an array of fixed income and multi-asset portfolios. Reporting directly to the Head of Investment Strategy & Research.
- Ongoing market monitoring and analysis of trends primarily relating to interest rates and fixed income markets.
- Conduct credit market analysis and issuer specific analysis using all relevant and material information available to investors in order to formulate an informed opinion on the relevant bond classes and issuers.
- Produce fixed income market reports and provide recommendations on fixed income strategy and participate in internal strategy meetings tasked with formulising the firm’s investment strategies.
- Identify investment opportunities and select fixed income securities.
- Produce issuer-specific reports for internal use as well as for distribution to clients detailing the financial profile and credit metrics, investment recommendation and associated risks.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and models to support credit analysis of new and existing issuer exposures.
- Contribute to the firm’s yearly strategic asset allocation exercise by developing and maintaining models to estimate expected returns and volatilities associated with various bond classes.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in fixed income and credit analysis, preferably within an investment management function.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Supplementary education and training, such as CFA, in a relating area is considered an asset.
- Advanced command of Excel and Bloomberg.
- Ability to assess critical information and formulise an opinion in a timely manner.
- Strong research and analytical capability – ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative information.
- Experience in conducting issuer-specific fundamental analysis and conduct credit assessments of corporate issuers in selected bond classes.
- Experience in identifying investment opportunities, and propose investment recommendations based on the outcome of the credit analysis and market trends.
- Experience in outlining in a succinct manner the credit profile, investment basis and risks pertaining to selected issuers in research reports for internal and external distribution.