Financial Controller (Insurance)
|Job Title:||Financial Controller (Insurance)|
|Salary:||€60,000 to €70,000|
|Contact Name:||Justina Zammit|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2019 11:23|
A global insurance and investment organization providing property and casualty insurance solutions to business and industry is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join its Finance team
- Assist the CEO by producing and analysing regular management information, highlighting any trends or issues that are noted.
- Assisting the Finance Director in managing financial control activities relating to the Malta office and the Continental European operations.
- Assisting the Finance Director in managing financial control activities relating to local Maltese reporting, Solvency II and local reporting requirements in countries that the said company has an establishment.
- Assisting the Finance Director to review other internal and external reporting outputs for technical accuracy and sense checks prior to submission to recipients.
- Assisting the Finance Director and other finance team members with ad-hoc reporting requests and project work.
- Manage all operational aspects of the production of numerical & narrative Regulatory and Solvency II reporting, including setting of timetables, delegation or work to other team members, consolidation and review.
- Review of updated MFSA guidance and reflecting changes in the company’s procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors (often at the highest level) to ensure that all information required is produced to a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the London finance team to ensure efficient approach and clear responsibilities.
- Review of existing reporting processes in order to improve automation and efficiency.
- Production of statutory accounts and other regulatory reporting, focusing on timeliness, technical accuracy and sense checks.
- Design and develop process improvements in collaboration with counterpart UK Finance Leadership group members in order to ensure the efficient and accurate production of data.
- Assist the Finance Director with the ongoing development of comprehensive monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Support the Finance Director to ensure that the companies meet the Group’s reporting deadlines whether these are statutory, regulatory or fiscal, by review of deliverables.
- Assisting the Finance Director/Tax Manager with preparation, review and submission of Tax returns for Malta and other European locations.
- Assist with automation projects related to the implementation of the Data Warehouse and other initiatives.
- Take the lead on accounting standard changes across the Continental European operations, including IFRS 17 preparation and readiness (alongside the actuarial function)
- Responsive to ad-hoc reporting requests from both Malta Management and the group.
- Preparation on annual budgets, in conjunction with the UK based Finance team.
- Together with the Finance Director, ensure adequate resource and capability is available to deliver the business plan and its strategic objectives.
- Identify individual training needs. Thereafter, work with International Human Resources to agree and implement development plans.
- Adhere to company procedures for managing and recording individual performance and development
- Ensure all agreements are processed according to the company’s compliance, regulatory and legal obligations.
- Immediately report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Manage any potential conflicts of interest so as to avoid concerns regarding disrepute and integrity.
- Immediately advise Compliance of any complaints arising.
Skills and experience
- Candidates must possess a degree in Accounting or must be fully ACCA qualified.
- 3 years’ post qualification experience;
- Working knowledge of reporting requirements imposed by US GAAP, IFRS, Solvency II, Maltese Company Law;
- Experience with Insurance Companies;
- Working knowledge of tax regulations, including corporation tax, IPT and VAT;
- Maltese regulatory reporting systems;
- Regulatory framework and requirements;
- Underwriting and claims processes, controls and systems;
- Building and maintaining accounting procedures and systems.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's