One of the oldest and most modern healthcare providers in Mauritius is looking for a high-caliber Financial Controller to lead its financial accounting, reporting and control activities.
- Monitors the month-end close and the preparation of month-end management accounts.
- Ensures compliance with applicable accounting and company policies and ensure that entries are recorded in compliance with the policies and accounting standards.
- Responsible for the reporting and financial reporting, as well as ensuring continuous Implementation and strict application of a set of operational standards and controls throughout the company.
- Ensure controls over Fixed Assets Management and reporting.
- Ensure adequate completeness, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility and consistency objectives are met when closing the books and to comply with accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and recommend necessary changes in financial policies and procedures to optimize effective and efficient reporting: Maintain operational policies and allocation of responsibility together with management.
- Submission of accurate and complete Budgets and Forecasts on a monthly basis by the last day of the month.
- Submission of Detailed Cost Analysis Reports with cost analysis projections on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Preparation of Cost Control Reports and Variance Analysis.
- Ensure that preparation of Monthly Management Accounts with detailed analysis is completed and submitted within the desired deadlines.
- Ensure that reports to the Board Meeting, Audit Committee, Operations Reporting Meeting, Head of Department Meeting and Department meeting are of good quality and accurate and they are submitted on time.
- Ensure that Cash Budgets and Forecast cash flow positions are prepared on time.
- Conduct a variance analysis on a weekly basis and provide management with a detailed analysis of changes and the reasons therefore.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiate terms with banks under the strict supervision of the COO.
- Prepare analysis of short and long term planning the liquidity requirements of the group and ensure that a review of future cash flow requirements is based on accurate projections.
- Ensure that the processes are automated and where any development is required coordinate with the relevant departments to achieve that objective.
- Ensure that mapping on various systems is accurate and integration and data sharing is done properly to ensure accuracy and reliance on the data.
- Creating, implementing and monitoring processes and procedures around the creation of monthly forecasts.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Develop and implement finance and accounting procedures.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating.
- Contributing to medium and long-term business planning.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Work on strategies and plans with management.
- Attend to tax/audit queries (both internal and external) to ensure smooth year end closure.
- Work on feasibility study as per assigned by management.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control.
- Attend to any duties and responsibilities as assigned by management in line with your function.
- Fully qualified ACCA
- Post graduate degree (desirable)
- Above 10 years of experience in audit/accounting/finance experience with 5 years at management level in the healthcare sector.