For our Finance Department in Malta, we are currently looking for a Financial Controller. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting matters in relation to the Maltese entities. The candidate will report directly to the Finance Senior Manager in Malta and have the following responsibilities:
- Managing efficiently the day-to-day and month end record keeping and financial transactions of the organisation;
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reporting in accordance with Group instructions and deadlines;
- Investigating variances against budgets and providing variance analysis;
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax returns;
- Managing the annual audit process and preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Managing and coaching of junior employees within the local finance team;
- Collaborate with external parties as may be required;
- Assist the business achieve commercial objectives, including the ability to act as an adviser on financial matters;
- Ad hoc reporting and other accounting tasks as required.
- Qualified Accountant;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting regulations (IFRS) and procedures;
- Must have knowledge on Maltese VAT and Corporate Tax;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Advance knowledge of excel;
- SAP knowledge will be considered an asset;
- Able to support and guide on complex financial matters as may be required;
- Able to provide accurate and timely information to a high standard;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
- Able to work effectively, respecting all deadlines with minimal management guidance/supervision.