€45,000 to €50,000
21 days ago
An insurance company is looking for a Financial Accountant reporting to the Board and Executive Directors.
- Taking ownership of the the quarterly and annual financial reporting calendar, ensuring proper communication of responsibilities and deadlines for the Company, rigorously managing any team members to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Being familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards and ensuring the Company is constantly up-to-date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards;
- Actively engaged in the choice of an appropriate accounting system for the group that can support inter-company accounting which will be able to support both IFRS and German GAAP;
- Able to prepare the Maltese insurance entity for the introduction of IFRS 17, liaising with the other functions to ensure a smooth transition and compliance with the requirements of the new standard.
- Prepare and submit VAT reports for the German and Maltese entities as necessary;
- Liaising with the external auditors to manage and co-ordinate the audit of the annual financial statements;
- Overseeing the allocation of tasks to resources as necessary to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function;
- Constantly reviewing business systems and processes and suggesting improvements where necessary to continuously strive for improved efficiency throughout the organisation;
- Preparing reports on matters relevant to the different functions within the Company as may be required from time to time by Management or the Board;
- Be able to travel.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in leading group consolidation and financial reporting functions at a senior level within a group of companies;
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Strong understanding of Solvency II;
- Strong leadership skills and be able to lead a team to deliver against tight reporting deadlines;
- Possess an inquisitive and analytical mindset and be able to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being reported;