€25,000 - €30,000
21 days ago
A well-established Bank is currently seeking to on board a finance officer who will work closely to the financial controller and will be assisting with the accounting and financial reporting of the bank.
- Maintain general ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts and statements.
- Record purchase orders for accruals and checks their approvals and ensures that the Bank's expenditure procedure is being adhered to.
- Checking of invoices and distribute them for authorisation according to the Bank's policies.·
- Dealing with Suppliers.
- Prepare the payment run, record prepayments and accruals, issue bills payables and refer them for signature.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Ensure that the petty cash is maintained appropriately.
- Review expense refunds and visa expenses in line with policies.
- General administration duties such as filing.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the financial controller. ?
- High level of attention to detail.
- Degree in accounting (candidates working towards their ACCA qualification will be considered).
- Ability to effectively manage tasks with limited supervision.
- Positive attitude with the ability to maintain high levels of motivation.
- Previous experience in a relevant role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
- Fluent Maltese and English.