13 days ago
A brand specialising in insurance services, is currently looking for a Finance Manager to join its team, reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the Accounting policy lead for the company.
- Overseeing the day to day and month end financial accounting processes and recording, ensuring these are in compliance with Group, Regulatory and accounting and insurance standards requirements
- Managing the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and substantiation process
- Ensuring a robust internal and financial controls framework is in place with regards of own areas of responsibilities
- Managing the preparation of monthly management accounts and Group financial reporting (GRCA)
- Managing and reviewing the quarterly and annual regulatory reporting to the MFSA and CBM in accordance with Solvency II Regulatory requirements; including QRTs, NSTs, SFCR and RSR and any other requests by regulators
- Preparing the annual statutory financial accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Preparing of taxation computations and returns for Income and Value Added Tax
- Authorising Unit-Linked Funds pricing and maintaining accurate levels of underlying Assets to match the Unit-Linked liabilities
- Managing the relationship for outsourced and off-shored operations
- Identifying and implementing improvements and streamlining opportunities
- Managing direct and indirect team and ensuring staff efficiency is maintained at maximum level through timely planning, organized practices, ongoing training, coaching and adequate supervision.
Skills and Experience:
- Professionally qualified Accountant with a recognised degree, with experience in insurance and / or other financial services.
- Possess an advanced level of computer literacy, with extensive familiarity with financial reporting systems and vast experience in Excel functionality.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability to interpret financial data and exercise a significant degree of judgement.
- Strong process management skills.
- Ability to work to tight timescales, multitask and takes ownership to ultimate resolution.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt to changing and different situations.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with proven team working skills in Finance and across the business.
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach the immediate team and play an effective role within wider teams.
- Awareness of Regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Experience in leading process changes and project work.
- A working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of the insurance business and activities, strategic imperatives, products and markets.