Finance Manager - Industry
|Job Title:||Finance Manager - Industry|
|Location:||San Gwann, Malta|
|Contact Name:||Steve Zammit|
|Job Published:||September 26, 2017 11:18|
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing the finance team. He / She shall be accountable for team training and development, budgeting, forecasting, month-end reporting, profitability analysis, dealing with external auditors and other ad-hoc financial activities.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and cash forecast
- Ensure policy adherence: for finished goods stock levels, production to stock and for recycling of rejected materials.
- Ensure counting policy is adhered to.
- Perform internal audits and ensure compliance to internal control framework.
- Identify areas of cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Monitor expenditure against rolling budgets and ensure it is adequately supported with appropriate documentation.
- Maintain and report credit limit requirements based on budgets, forecasts and sales orders.
- Identify gaps between credit limits and security held and assist the Financial Controller in eliminating unsecured credit.
- Monitor debt levels and proactively work to decrease overdue balances.
- Produce management accounts and internal reporting in a timely manner.
- Prepare profitability analysis reports on forecasts that are actionable and that can influence management to improve profitability margins.
- Prepare reports that analyse revenue generation by employee and measure performance.
- Plan and support external auditors in carrying out the financial audit of the company.
- Prepare income tax computations, tax payments and other tax related reporting.
- Ensure compliance to tax legislation and other regulations (such as those issued by Malta Enterprise).
- Escalating risks and issues to the Financial Controller.
- Plan, assign and review the team’s work.
- Conduct performance evaluations in a timely manner and provide fair feedback to the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience.
- Financial Accounting skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Management accounting and financial management skills.
- Process analysis and project management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- ICT and ERP system skills.
- Able to support team with day to day queries and with change management, to ensure that operational and financial deadlines are met.
- The person must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and must be able to build strong teamwork.
- Able to make effective presentations to senior managers using effective presentation aids and dealing with questions if raised.
- Able to facilitate workshops and training sessions.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's