The Finance Manager, under the supervision of the Financial Controller, is responsible for the day to day administration of the Finance Department. The selected candidate will be responsible for the personnel in the Finance Department and ensures that they follow established policies and procedures in compliance with accounting principles and fiscal requirements for the maintenance of proper accounting records and the preparation of timely management accounts and reports as requested
- To propose and set down standard policies and procedures to govern the Finance Department and all other company departments in financial areas in collaboration with the Financial Controller;
- To supervise and monitor the work of all Finance Department personnel and ensure that they follow established rules and procedures in accordance with sound accounting policies and fiscal requirements;
- Prepares within the prescribed time frames, monthly financial and operating statements to allow the review of the company’s financial performance;
- To assist in the preparation of the yearly budget and regular rolling estimates in co-ordination with the Head of Sales and the Financial Controller;
- Prepare cash flow and any other reports as may be required by the Financial Controller and/or Senior Management from time to time;
- To work with other company departments and facilitate the preparation and interpretation of financial information and checks that the data prepared is compliant with financial requirements and controls;
- Liaise with the appointed external auditors to ensure a prompt and accurate preparation and execution of the statutory audit of the company’s finances;
- Prepares and files all appropriate fiscal forms, VAT returns, ECO tax reports and any other financial reports related to government agencies and constituted bodies;
- Supports the accounts staff in the daily monitoring of cash settlements and accounts receivables as necessary;
- To ensure the timely monitoring of debtors, credit control and effective communication of reports to the Financial Controller, and Senior Management as required.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Financial Controller.
Qualification, and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of English, with excellent communication skills (written, and verbal)
- Computer literate especially with use of MS Excel spreadsheets
- Fully ACCA qualified
- Able to demonstrate aptitude with numbers, attention to detail and able to produce highly accurate work
- Experience in a finance related environment.
- Reliable, well organised, determined and highly confidential