Senior Accountant- Hospitality
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant- Hospitality|
|Salary:||€35,000 - €40,000|
|Contact Name:||Steve Zammit|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2018 16:34|
A leader in luxury travel and accommodation is seeking to employ a Senior Accountant to join their team in Malta.
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial statements
- Prepare journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Prepare reconciliations, review intercompany transactions
- Perform account variance analyses
- Analyze financial statements
- Maintained Financial records
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns in Malta and Spain.
- Liaise with the accounts teams in Malta and overseas
- Interact with external auditor and assist in the year-end tax and financial audits.
- Assist in the renovation and set-up of the Malta office
- Assist in the implementation of a new general ledger system. This includes learning how to use the ERP system via Skype based training sessions
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Accounting; Chartered Accountant/CPA preferred
- 3+ years in accounting, experience in shipping or cruise lines preferred
- Knowledge of Malta GAAP and IFRS
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with multinational entities
- Understanding of European cross-border VAT rules and application
- Knowledge of ERP software
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision