A major international provider of trust, fiduciary, fund and corporate services, is seeking to recruit a talented Finance Manager – Alternative Investment for its Mauritian based office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality and cost effectiveness of the finance function and advisory support to business units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor business performance of the various BUs in the division and provide proactive, independent, commercial and practical advice to help BUs continually improve performance
- Provide primary support to Divisional FD in monthly business reviews with individual BUs heads and the annual budgeting
- Facilitate best practices across BUs in financial and operational processes so as to optimise business performance through continuous improvements in business and financial processes
- Analyse Ad hoc decision support and business modelling; utilising capacity in Group FP&A team where appropriate
- In collaboration with local FDs, resolve any financial issues relating to the operations of the BUs in the division by focusing on business generation and servicing clients.
- Support Divisional FD on the integration of acquired businesses to ensure smooth transitions with minimal disruption to business as usual.
- Responsible for ensuring that the finance function as a whole is providing the right level of service and at the right costs to the business units in the division
- Responsible for the timeliness, quality and accuracy of the reporting by BUs within the division, and for setting up of the appropriate reporting processes to manage the internal accounting and management reporting out of Mauritius
- Responsible for ensuring that BUs within the division are compliant with Group finance and internal control policies
- Responsible for ensuring that BUs within the division are compliant with external reporting and regulatory requirements
- Manage compliance in treasury and tax matters within the division; work closely to ensure adequate processes and procedures are in right places as appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years working experience with a majority experienced in the alternative investment industry
- Direct operation experience in other jurisdictions
- Experience in multi-unit finance functional leadership roles or in a SSC leading the finance function, with a strong accounting background/knowledge and proficient in excel
- Experience with Systems implementations, ERP’s, Hyperion/HFM for reporting and consolidation
- Experience in change management; from idea inception to fully implementing and project manage changes proposed would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to deal with ambiguities and work within ill-defined boundaries and challenge status quo
- Experience managing a team and team player
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Culturally sensitive and experienced in dealing with multiple nationalities, business cultures
- Ability to think outside of the box, to challenge status quo, but to do so diplomatically would be a distinct advantage
- Qualification: solid degree in any discipline or MBA; CPA, ACCA or CIMA qualified would be a distinct advantage
- Language: Fluent English, French and local language