A Group of Companies which incorporates marine solutions, transportation and logistics, is growing its existing finance team by employing a Finance Manager who will directly supervise members of staff and manage business relationships.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce monthly management accounts for a number of companies within the Group, together with other monthly and weekly reporting as required.
- Analyse and communicate financial results, and provide the CFO and Directors with key performance indicators.
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of reports, forecasts and budgets.
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- Bank and inter-company reconciliations.
- Filing of VAT Returns.
- Monitoring and assisting in chasing of debtors.
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
- Work with external auditors and ensure a smooth running of annual audits.
- Monitor the finance team’s performance and development.
- Performing any other duties as may be required for the smooth running of the accounts department.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You must be a fully qualified Accountant or in the final stages of obtaining a degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years previous accounting experience locally is required for this position.
- Be fluent in both English and Maltese with excellent communication skills.
- Well conversant with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be meticulous, highly organised, and able to work in a team.