|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Salary:||€18,000 - €22,000|
|Contact Name:||Chantelle Mifsud|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2019 10:27|
A leading maritime agency are currently looking for a finance assistant to join its finance department. The selected candidate shall be performing general accounting functions, as well as providing clerical and administrative support to the administration and finance department.
- Responsible for the office petty cash payments/reconciliations and maintaining proper records at all times;
- Responsible for all foreign currency cash accounts and ensuring all is in order at all times, providing regular reconciliations in order to ensure tallying of monies in till;
- Maintaining the creditors ledger, posting up all supplier's invoices, reconciling suppliers statement of account and preparing a creditors list on a monthly basis for approval for settlement by the Finance Manager;
- Filing of suppliers’ documents;
- Preparing bank deposits and liaising with the bank on general matters, responsible for effecting swift transfers to suppliers;
- Responsible for the distribution of department incoming post;
- Posting of all office general overheads and providing reports to the Finance Manager on the breakdown summary of such overheads;
- Provides backup support when necessary to the credit control function;
- Maintaining bunker vessel accounts and the processing of their disbursement on a timely basis;
- Other general departmental duties and ad hoc reports as requested by the Finance manager from time to time.
- A- level standard of education/ Initial stages of ACCA
- Must be methodical, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Must be numerically competent
- Able to organize and plan work to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met.
- Able to work independently with initiative.
- Must be competent in the use of office computerized systems.