Finance & TAX Manager
|Job Title:||Finance & TAX Manager|
|Contact Name:||Steve Zammit|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2017 09:04|
Our client is a Firm that offers bespoke services ranging from sustainable Business Process Transformation, Change Management, Project Management and Project Commercialisation Solutions, in the public and private sectors, both locally and overseas.They are seeking to set up a new accountancy function within their firm and as such an exciting opportunity has arisen to head up the accountancy function. This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding role for the chosen candidate.
- Prepare on an annual basis a business plan jointly with the Senior Management of the Company on actions, initiatives and prospects in the delivery of client accounting services
- The Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer of the Company as defined in the Anti-Money Laundering Legislation
- Act as the client account manager on behalf of all clients requiring Client Accounting Services from the Company
- Define and develop a range of client accounting services to be provided by the company to its clients
- Lead all technical presentations to clients considering to engage the Company to provide client accounting services.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the successful delivery of client accounting services of a high standard;
- Mentor and develop staff that may be assigned to the Client Accounting Department to further support the service being provided.
- Report on a periodic basis on the performance of the Client Accounting Department during Senior Management Meetings
- Prepare annual and periodic budgets for the Company in consultation with the Senior Management
- Maintain accounts including the General Ledger, the Sales Ledger, the Purchases Ledger and the Bank Account
- Prepare periodic management accounts for consideration by the Senior Management of the Company in line with its policy including an analysis between the budgeted and actual performance
- Prepare an internal control policies and procedures manual to be followed by members of staff of the company
- Prepare, compile and submit VAT Returns (and Recapitulative Statements if applicable), Payroll, Social Security Contributions, Provisional Tax Payments and any other returns and payments as required by the relevant fiscal legislation
- Prepare and compile the annual income tax return of the Company
- Liaise on an ongoing basis with the external auditor of the company and make the necessary preparations to ensure the successful completion of the annual audit
- Prepare all the monthly billing and invoices to be raised to client
- Ensure the timely receipt of amounts due from Client
- Ensure the timely payment of amounts due to Suppliers and Contractors.
Skills & Experience
- Must be in possession of Professional Qualification in Accounting (ACCA / University Degree)
- Must be in possession of a warrant to practice as a Certified Public Accountant and Auditor;
- Must have three years of work experience in similar roles
- Capability to work and deliver successfully on multiple Clients and initiatives simultaneously.
- Must be versatile and multi-disciplinary in nature and capable of handling a diverse range of projects requiring different capabilities and skill;
- Must be highly creative, innovative and engages frequently on out of the box thinking;
- Highly organised and structured in approach but willing to change and adapt depending upon circumstance;
- High achiever and results oriented;
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills;
- Must be a team player and is comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's