Director within the Information and Communication Technologies Unit
|Job Title:||Director within the Information and Communication Technologies Unit|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2018 08:21|
The ICT Unit is primarily responsible to provide related support services, managing the ICT Authority’s resources, and effectively supporting the overall business strategy. This is achieved with the provision of reliable services, systems and technologies, enabling the MFSA to maximise the value of its information and knowledge while working with a mixture of in-house resources and outsourced technological suppliers. The Unit is also member of pertinent expert groups and committees within the European fora.
The Director responsible for the Information and Communication Technologies Unit is a member of the MFSA Board of Management and Resources.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The eventual appointee will be appointed as Director and will be the head of this Unit and accordingly will be expected to report to, and keep close liaison with the MFSA Chief Operations Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a comparable recognised ICT qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*
- A relevant Post-Graduate Degree in related Technologies and Management would be considered an asset
- Applicants would be expected to have worked in an ICT environment at a senior level, with a required minimum of eight (8) years and preferably with twelve (12) years;
- Proven leadership and management experience in systems infrastructure, information systems, support and service management, preferably within the financial services sector;
- Candidates will also be required to demonstrate a proven level of managerial skills and the personality required to supervise and manage staff, as well as proven ability to delegate tasks in order to carry out functions effectively and efficiently;
- Applicants should be authoritative, assertive and self-confident to carry out the responsibilities of the Director within the ICT Unit.
The selected candidate will be directly responsible to the Chief Operations Officer and shall assume the duties of Director - Information and Communication Technologies Unit. The Director will oversee several functions including Systems Infrastructure, Information Systems, Support and Service Management.
The Head of Unit key responsibility shall be to lead the Information and Communication Technologies Unit, the remit of which includes consultancy, leadership and management to develop and maintain mission critical systems to meet business requirements. Moreover, the duties and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to, tasks relating to the management and operations relating to the Information and Communication Technologies Unit, coordinate and liaise with the respective business and management units and other organs of the MFSA, prepare a budget for the Unit, prepare reports to the Board of Management and Resources, coordinate and manage the work-load of the Unit, provide guidance and leadership to the managerial, administrators, security specialists, software developers, systems analysts and support staff within the Unit, assist Unit staff with developing their technical and analytical skills and ability to deal with issues relating to the affairs of the Unit, representing the Authority/Unit and participate in local and international fora on issues as necessary, general management of the Unit, together with such other administrative duties and functions as directed and/or in accordance with the MFSA procedures and the remit of the Unit.
Soft Skills Required
- Have good analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking agile environment to meet strict deadlines
- Be knowledgeable in current technology and trends
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language
- Ability to listen actively and to work on own initiative when necessary
- Ability to research, self-develop and attend requisite training to update knowledge
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- A high degree of self confidence
- Adequate negotiation skills
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's