Director of Operations
The job entails managing all the operational aspects of a Branch office to improve and maintain performance and customer experience. The role is chargeable and supervisory in nature and oversees operations and performance of team members.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Personal and Team Targets
- Lead by example in achieving/exceeding individual production targets consistently.
- Drive teams’ chargeability by providing commercial leadership with respect to all client (chargeable) activities in order to achieve the production (chargeability) and revenue targets.
- Monitoring of all client accounting and legal & company management activities to ensure quality and timeliness
- Build and maintain strategic business relationship with clients; guide the team Senior Account Managers and Account Managers to build client relationships and ensure timely and quality delivery
Process and Controls
- Ensure that the sale of entities is in line with the target set and appraise the Branch Manager (BM) on adequate measures to be taken to improve sale of entities.
- Identify the areas/tasks for which charges are included in management fee and the ones to be charged on time spent basis.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and its completeness (all clients have been invoiced for all services rendered).
- To ensure that Work-in Progress invoicing > 90 days is < 10% of the total AR measured monthly.
- Coordinate with Account Managers(AM)/Senior Account Managers(SAM) and the collection team for any collection issues.
- Ensure compliance with statutory authorities and audit requirements.
- Ensure contingency plans are in place for all services to include business recovery plans.
- Maximize utilization of resources and drive cost control measures across operations.
Office Profitability Performance and Growth
- Ensuring office profitability and performance aligned with the approved business plan for the office.
- Review client management agreement, payment approvals and ensure customer policies, procedures and contractual agreements are consistently met.
- Ensure that debtors/ creditors are monitored and collections/ payments are consistent with set company/vendor policies/terms.
- In conjunction with BM, ensure that business cash flow adequately supports office requirements to produce optimal results.
- To monitor, track and ensure that office productivity is 75% and above measured weekly.
- Review time sheet of team members and monitor their productivity and chargeability on weekly basis, plus review of productivity reporting and performance against targets.
- Discuss employee/ office performance reports with Group and Local Management on a monthly basis and take corrective actions for improvement.
- Finalize road maps for employees, continuously evaluate performance and take corrective actions to deal with underperformance together with Group Human Resources.
- Undertake such duties, related to position as may from time to time be agreed with Management.
- Strong educational background, ideally with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Accounting, Tax or another business related field.
- At least 12 years of experience inclusive of senior management positions in financial services industry (preferably with international exposure).
- Successful staff management experience including performance management and personal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational efficiency issues and quality management and control matters.
- Good understanding of key financial services-related legislation.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of costing/profitability analysis, preferably within the financial sector.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A solution driven, decision maker, positive and proactive professional.