To join a well-known Maltese company in the IT field, the Devops Specialist will be coordinating and supporting the overall processes that see software being put into production. You will make use of your technical expertise in DevOps technologies to maintain and improve upon the underlying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure, being therefore required to work both independently and with others.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with attention to detail and ability to multitask, passion for technology and strong communication skills. If you thrive in a learning environment, and find joy in convincing others to believe in your ideas, whilst working to transform them into reality, this is an opportunity you will definitely enjoy.
- Be part of a team of experienced, supportive and fun people, with a special bond between them that makes work feel like home.
- Join a well-established company that has been operating for over 40 years.
- Competitive salary plus company benefits
- Playing a key role in managing software release activities, using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
- Interacting with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validating and executing software releases and system rollouts.
- Maintaining and improving upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Working closely with development teams to help select tools, designing infrastructure, implementing automation and facilitating the software build/release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments and ensure that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keeping oneself up-to-date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintaining and report upon suitable KPIs.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field, ideally in a DevOps or release management role.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
- Have demonstrated experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management.
- Possess good programming and scripting skills.
- Be experienced in working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Have working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Be familiar with entire software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Possess experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Jira, Confluence, Git, Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Selenium, Docker, OpenShift, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Have a high level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.