|Job Title:||DevOps Specialist|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 13:58|
We’re looking for a critical thinker with an attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple priorities who will be playing a key role in managing software release activities in our Digital Team using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
As our Devops Specialist, you will be using your strong coordination skills to support the overall orchestration processes that sees software being put into production, and your technical expertise in DevOps technologies to maintain and continuously improve upon the underlying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure. You will therefore be required to work both independently and with others.
Being truly passionate about technology and having the ability to clearly and concisely communicate your thoughts and ideas will help you succeed in this position. You will stand out in this role by having good people skills that will help you build relationships with various stakeholders and by keeping updated with the latest tech trends. Moreover, if you thrive in a learning environment, and find joy in convincing others to believe in your ideas, whilst working to transform them into reality, this will be an opportunity you’ll definitely enjoy.
Does this sound like you? Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field, ideally in a DevOps or release management role.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
- Have demonstrated experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management.
- Possess good programming and scripting skills in programming languages prevalent in the industry.
- Be experienced in working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Have working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Be familiar with entire software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Possess experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Jira, Confluence, Git, Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Selenium, Docker, OpenShift, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Have a high level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Interacting with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validating and executing software releases and system rollouts.
- Maintaining and improving upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Working closely with development teams to help select tools, designing infrastructure, implementing automation and facilitating the software build/release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments and ensure that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keeping oneself up-to-date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintaining and report upon suitable KPIs.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's