|Job Title:||DevOps Specialist|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2019 08:49|
We’re looking for a DevOps Specialist who will play a key role in managing software release activities in the Digital Team at GO using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
This role requires you to have both strong coordination skills to support the overall orchestration processes that sees software being put into production, as well as technical expertise in DevOps technologies to maintain and continuously improve upon the underlying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
Here is a glimpse of what you what you will be doing:
- Interact with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validate and execute software releases and system rollouts.
- Maintain and improve upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Work closely with development teams to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Coordinate the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, manage the calendar of deployments and ensure that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keep oneself up-to-date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintain and report upon suitable KPIs.
- Support the Software Delivery, QA and Test Automation team as required in meeting set objectives and strive for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
You should preferably have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field, ideally in a DevOps or release management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
- Demonstrated experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management.
- Good programming and scripting skills in programming languages prevailant in the industry.
- Experience working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Jira, Confluence, Git, Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Selenium, Docker, OpenShift, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills