DevOps Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure
|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure|
|Contact Name:||Apply Here|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2017 07:31|
We’re a caring, sharing, and rewarding kind of casino!
Our aim is to be the world’s number one casino, and we won’t settle for anything less. We work hard and we play even harder.
At JackpotJoy Group, the big data platform is the foundation for all product decisions that directly impact customer experience. The platform is leveraged across the company to build data models for recommendations, analysing performance of our products and customer experience, plus more. It is critical to the success of our business as we rely heavily on analysing data to revolutionize online gaming!
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to be part of the Data Platform team. In this role, you will be driving operational excellence of the big data platform through tooling and automation. Help facilitate performance analysis and capacity planning for our AWS infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Administrating, monitoring and deploying large scale data systems and services on AWS
- Building new tools and add features to existing toolset to remove “the human intervention” for day-to-day operations and monitoring
- Driving initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance
- Taking pride in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Supporting existing data pipelines and systems in production
- Designing and scaling data ingestion systems with high availability and reliability
- Designing, building and launching new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Writing batch and real-time big data jobs
- Maintaining and evolving dimensional data models and schema designs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science
- 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering / Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Familiarity with streaming data processing frameworks like Kinesis Streams or Kafka
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana or similar technologies
- Postgres or other RDBMS experience
- 2+ years programming experience in Scala, Python or Java
- Experience with source control systems (especially GIT)
- iGaming experience desirable, but not a must
- Self-driven and take extreme ownership of initiatives to make pragmatic decisions
- Able to wear multiple hats when necessary and are willing to go extra mile to get the job done
- Someone with an excellent positive attitude - they're contagious!
- Excellent communicator
- Passionate about data
- Flexible to business demands
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you? We’re a motivated team aiming to become one of the best casino teams in the business, and our company is one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. We’ve come a long way in a short time and we want only the best candidates on board to join us as we keep reaching new heights!
We’ve just moved into brand new, central offices, with fantastic facilities for your daily use. After all, if you’re going to be spending your days with us, we think you should enjoy it! Our event team organises great parties, team building events and excursions- we’ll also treat you to our scrumptious office breakfasts, and maybe even a drink or two after work.