|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Port Louis, Mauritius|
|Contact Name:||Deborah Melinda Arlanda|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2019 06:41|
One of our clients, a specialist in the supply, service and support of cutting-edge information technology to the telecommunication and financial services sectors in Africa is looking for a DevOps Engineer.
- Contribute to End-to-End Solution Design and Scope of Work
- Assist the Business Analysts with Design Mock-ups based on Client Requirements and Solution Design.
- Development of highly-available distributed systems as part of a bigger team.
- Active participation in the SDLC process of existing and new applications and features.
- Performing functional testing.
- Writing unit tests.
- 1st and 2nd line Support of production system which will require stand-by on a rotation basis – only when enough experience has been gained.
- Configuration, Testing and Deployment of Projects based on Scope of Work and in line with Project Plans
Key competencies and skills:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Hudson.
- Be familiar with java build and dependency management tools such as Maven and Ant.
- Knowledge of GIT or similar source repository management tool (BitBucket).
- Knowledge of Java IDEs, such as Eclipse.
- Be able to interpret technical and business specifications.
- SQL and/or Database Skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Abilities to document a solution
- Internal & External Communication in English
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant IT Degree or Diploma
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Java SDLC (develop, debug, test, package, publish, deploy) experience.
- Java (or similar object-oriented programming language)
- Experience with at least one or more of the following database systems:
- The following would be an added advantage towards your application:
- Oracle knowledge/ experience
- General Unix/Linux experience
- Exposure to/understanding of GSM technologies.
- Oracle Java certification
- Knowledge of Spring Technologies and JPA/Hibernate.
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach
- Able to use initiative and take ownership
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal communication and able to communicate clearly
- Have the ability to write clear and concise documents.
- Report on progress and raise issues / problems if and when necessary
- Attention to detail
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's