At Deloitte, we offer a unique exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
As a Desktop Support Administrator you will be responsible to research and test the latest end user hardware including: laptops, desktops and accessories.
In this position you will form part of a team that architects, engineers and manages desktop solutions for Deloitte both locally and internationally. The focus is to deliver solutions with minimal impact on end users and solutions that support our goal of technology leadership.
- Provide input for input for image creation and test desktop platform images, evaluate new and emerging hardware, recommend hardware standards, and assist in building and deploying operating system platforms.
- Work alongside other team members to architect/manage desktop management platforms for systems management, imaging, antivirus, desktop aback up and encryption reporting. This includes collaboration with various other groups across the network both locally and internationally as well as the management of vendor relationships for proper delivery and support.
- Maintain and consistently demonstrate general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of all operating systems and software in order to provide a high degree of quality support.
- Deal with queries by following procedures for Incident resolutions, Change Management, Problem Handling.
- You will also be responsible for recommending equipment that best suits the needs of client service professionals.
- The role also requires regular interaction and supplier relationship managements with major OEMs bands with as HP, Lenovo, Microsoft and Apple, as well as regular collaboration with field technicians in testing and troubleshooting various activities.
Responsibilities in the areas of:
- System, Applications and Network Support;
- Desktop Support;
- Tracking hardware and software inventory.
- Dealing with queries by following procedures for Incident resolutions, Change Management, Problem Handling.
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems assigned to the group.
- Image, deploy, support and troubleshoot practitioners on Windows 10, Office 2016 and other authorised software and applications.
- Manage, support and troubleshoot printing devices and peripheral equipment,
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on laptops, printers and any other equipment,
- Execute remedial activities on laptops, printers and any other peripheral equipment.
- Performs work in compliance within specific Technology, Security and IT Operational policies and procedures and associated business requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors such as in returning defective or damaged equipment as well as support inventory and asset management by documenting repair requirements and tracking assignments and stock movements.
- Monitor, operate, manage and troubleshoot assets and services with authorized access to the network.
- As Desktop Support Administrator you will be familiar with those incidents that you will be required to escalate to other members in local or international teams.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimise downtime.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Requesting and coordinating suppliers and maintenance contractor support.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications hosted on Windows Servers 2012/2012R/2016;
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications running on Remote Desktop Services;
- Dealing with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support des and escalated to the Desktop Support Administrator.
- Provide user data and application recovery.
- Email account administration, i.e account creation and management and distribution lists on Exchange.
- User account administration, i.e account creation and management and password resets on Active Directory.
- Use Diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity and workstation hardware/software.
- Use tools and methodologies to load, copy and customise operating system configurations for deployment.
- Works with vendors to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
- Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
- If you are ready to take the next step and join a dynamic and motivated team, kindly apply online.
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.