Desk Officer Grade 1 within the Registry of Companies
|Job Title:||Desk Officer Grade 1 within the Registry of Companies|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 09:12|
The Registry of Companies - The MFSA also houses the Registry of Companies, ensuring that the international business community finds all necessary company incorporation services under one roof. All the statutory notices and returns required by the relevant legislation are filed with the Registry of Companies.
As a key element of its client-service orientation, the MFSA assists new entrants in the setting up of their operations in Malta and is committed to provide such companies with a service of the highest standard.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
The number of companies registered in Malta has been steadily increasing, with a corresponding increase in the documents filed by companies for registration in terms of law. The MFSA is looking for applicants with a relevant University Degree in accounting, economics, management, banking & finance or in the legal field to increase the current pool of internal expertise in this particular area. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a junior desk officer level and will form part of a multidisciplinary team at the Registry of Companies.
A University of Malta Honours Degree or equivalent qualification in Accountancy, Economics, Management, Banking & Finance or Law (LL.D) or other Finance related subject or a comparable recognised qualification at NQF level 6 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
Eligibility - Familiarity with local Company Law and relevant work experience would be considered an asset.
The duties of a Desk Officer Grade 1 mainly consist:
- Vetting of Memoranda and Articles of Association of new companies as well as other documents which are required to be filed and registered under the Companies Act 1995;
- Dealing and communicating with company practitioners and company officers;
- Identifying any failures by companies and their officers in submitting returns, documents and annual accounts within the period stipulated by law and to issue related penalties;
- Attendance in Court to give evidence concerning companies; and
- Other duties according to the exigencies of the Registry as may be required.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative when necessary
- a high degree of self confidence
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's