Deputy Head (Onsite)
|Job Title:||Deputy Head (Onsite)|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2019 13:48|
About Banking Supervision Unit
he Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The team employs persons with a banking background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
The selected candidate will be entrusted with responsibilities relating to the following area of the Banking Supervision work which shall include any of the following:
- Responsibility for the on-going supervision of institutions licensed in terms of either the Banking Act and/or the Financial Institution Act;
- Responsibility for the on-site reviews of institutions licensed in terms of either the Banking Act and/or the Financial Institution Act;
- leading the day-to-day running of either the section in charge of the supervision of Financial Institutions or the On-site team;
- maintain up to date knowledge on regulatory requirements for financial and credit institutions and ensure that team members are cognizant of processes and requirements;
- Constantly develop supervisory techniques for ongoing supervision and/or on-site reviews;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to team members, enabling their technical and analytical development;
- Ensure continuous liaison with financial and credit institutions to ensure an adequate supervisory engagement, including leading meetings;
- Handle queries from the industry and other external parties
- Form part of the BSU’s senior management team;
- Deputise for the Head BSU;
- Handle any other duties as assigned by the Head BSU and as dependent on the exigencies of the Authority;
- Represent the MFSA in EBA and ECB working Groups and committees as may be required.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Banking, Finance, Payment services, or in a relevant field. Expertise in Information technology would also be considered an asset.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of six (6) years working experience in a related senior role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a related senior role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.